Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More revisions!

The revisions are clipping along nicely (along with the tightened pace of my novel :). In the past two weeks, I've cut the book from approximately 87,000 words to 81,000 words. I was quite relieved when I finished late Saturday night (the 25th) and sent if off to Ted. Then I snuggled up to watch SNL and thought about how I'd have a whole week before I'd have to think about any more revisions. Not so!! Ted sent me notes Monday morning. How's that for fast? So I'm back to work. We're still shooting for pre-Thanksgiving submissions to editors, but these revisions are a bit more in depth than just simple word culling. Unfortunately, if we don't get it off before Thanksgiving, we'll have to wait for the new year since the publishing industry pretty much goes on Holiday for the entire month of December. I'm excited AND nervous about this next round of revisions. We're so close to having it ready, but there's still so much to do. Wish me luck.

No comments: