Monday, March 12, 2012

THE SAVAGE GRACE Soundtrack Round 5 and Holy Crap TSG releases tomorrow!

Can you believe that THE SAVAGE GRACE comes out tomorrow? I still can't quite wrap my head around it!

Here are the last three songs in THE SAVAGE GRACE Soundtrack. I have to admit that I got a little misty eyed putting this post together--mostly because I know what happens in the book at this point.


TSG Soundtrack Song #15: Wide Eyes by Local Natives
Description: Let's call this "the battle song."



TSG Soundtrack Song #16: Orange Sky by Alexi Murdoch
Description: Someone recently asked what I considered to be the theme song for the Dark Divine trilogy. At first I said there wasn't one, but then after I thought about it for awhile, I decided this song was it. (You may remember that this song was also on THE LOST SAINT Soundtrack--but I find it especially fitting for TSG. And I listened to it many times while writing this book.)



TSG Soundtrack Song #17: The Dog Days Are Over by Florence and The Machine
Description: I told you in the first post that I listened to A LOT of Florence while writing this book. I wasn't kidding. I could put several more F+TM songs on this playlist, but narrowed it down to the most essential. I'm including this song because I can't help thinking "The Dog Days Are Over" when I think about the trilogy coming to an end. It's a thought that makes me happy in a gut-wrenching sort of way. Which is kind of what this song is about. Saying goodbye to these characters has been really hard, but I am thrilled to finally have their complete story out there in the world.



So tomorrow is the big day. I've still got a ton of things to finish before the launch party, so I had better get going. Be sure to come back tomorrow--I'll be announcing the winners of Talentmania, and all those nice door prizes!

2 comments:

Jessy said...

Just wanted to say I love your soundtracks. I went through every post and found some great new music. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think a song should have Been "Somebody I used to know~Goyte for that whole Talbot/Grace thing,Like the way he betrayed her and now he is just someone she used to know