Monday, February 20, 2012

Talentmania Fan Fiction Entry #9

By Paige Bradish


My name is April. My best friend is Grace. Those of you who know her story know that in her mind I‘m only a little part of her story but little does she know I‘m a huge part of her story.

Aprils mom pulled up to Grizzly Elementary School “Okay April here we are now remember what I said, Be brave, listen to your teacher, and try to make as many friends as you can.” April smiled brightly “Okay Mommy! Love you!” April walked up the steps of her new school suddenly wishing she hadn’t rushed getting to here. All of her previous fears were starting to rush back to her. Slowly she accelerated when she felt someone looking at her. She turned around but no one was there. She turned back around and there was a girl standing in front of her. “HI! My name is Grace! What’s yours?” April fell back a little startled at the girl who just appeared in front of her. “Umm.. My name is April.” Grace beamed brightly “Do you want to be my friend?” April let out a sigh of relief she only wanted to be friends. She smiled. “Sure!”

“April! Wake up! Grace is on the phone!” Startled awake by her mothers yelling she shot up from her bed
“What?! Mom how many times have I told you not to yell like that when I’m sleeping you’re going to give me a heart attack!” Her mother giggled.
“I’m sorry but pick up the phone it’s Grace.” April reached for her phone and put it to her ear.
“What’s up? Are you okay?”
“Yeah I just had a dream about how we met on the first day of first grade and I know we haven’t talked in awhile so I figured I would call you. You’re my bestie I miss you!” April yawned
“I missed you too, I’m glad you decided to call me for once in your life!”
“Oh shut up April! So what‘s up?”
“Nothing much but hey do you think you could come get me in an hour I have to talk to you about something in private Its really important.” Grace breathed into the phone
“April? Your not pregnant are you?” April groaned
“For god sakes Grace I’m your best friend you should know the answer to that question!”
“Okay your right well okay then I’ll be over in an hour!”
Two hours later April was sitting next to her best friend in the middle of the woods on a blanket. Grace looked at April blankly “May I ask what we’re doing here?” April sighed and looked down at her hands.
“Well there’s things I’ve been meaning to tell you, and I wasn’t sure how to tell you because I didn’t know how you would react.” Grace reached over and grasped Aprils hand
“April you’re my best friend I love you, you know you can tell me anything.” April smiled
“I know. Well here it goes. Don’t interrupt though just let me finish and then you can ask questions. Okay?” Grace nodded
“Okay well Remember how freaked you were when you found out your brother was a Werewolf?” All the blood drained from Graces face and she nodded.
“Well um I knew before you did I’ve known for a long time.. A very long time.” Grace stopped her
“What?! How long have you known?!” April squeezed her hand
“Ever since that first sleepover we had back in 8th grade when my parents finally warmed to you and let me come over.” Grace looked at her fiercely.
“You knew and you didn’t tell me?! What did nobody trust me? Wait! How did you know he didn’t tell anybody until just last year.” April swallowed.
“Well I um I know because I’m a werewolf too Gracie.” Grace stared at her in complete horror.
“What?! Oh my god you’ve got to be kidding me this can’t be happening.” Grace bolted up completely horrified from what she was hearing and ran for her car.
“Grace! Wait! Please let me explain.”
“No! April No! your supposed to be my best friend and you’ve been keeping secrets from me for basically 5 years! I can’t even look at you right now! You knew what was happening to my brother and you probably knew why Daniel left but you didn’t think to tell me?!” Grace got in her car, gave April one last look then sped away leaving April behind alone in the dark woods.