Monday, October 25, 2010

MY HALLOWEEN TREAT FOR YOU ALL + Fantasy Casting THE DARK DIVINE movie: Pator Divine

10/25/2010






****IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

You guys know how much I love Halloween, right? Like love, love, love, love it. And not because I'm into creepy things (really, I'm not--says the paranormal fiction author). I love Halloween because it's an entire day (more like week at our house) devoted to playing dress-ups and eating chocolate. What could be awesomer than that?

Oh wait, I know something that would make it even sweeter!

Here's my Halloween treat for you all: Starting today until November 22nd, the e-book version of THE DARK DIVINE will be available for only $2.99 from most major e-book retailers (Barnes & Noble, Borders, Books-a-million, Amazon etc.) and many indie bookstores.

UPDATE: B&N and Amazon are both now offering the e-book for only $2.39!!

Please share this promotion with your friends and followers. Tweet about it, blog about it, facefook it. The more people we can get to read TDD, the better things will be for THE LOST SAINT out of the gate. And who can deny such a fabulous price? I'm going to buy an e-book copy of TDD for the kindle app on my phone just to have a portable version of it with me at all times--and at $2.99, why the heck not?!

But wait, it gets even better. If you help spread the word about this special promotional TDD e-book price--I'll enter you to win 1 of 5 bottles of TLS nailpolish. (That's 5 bottles in addition to the 10 I'm giving away in the fantasy casting contest.) Just be sure to share link to where you announced the promotion in the comments of this blog post.



Also, to kick off the TDD ebook promotion, the ROMANTIC TIMES posted an essay I wrote about "The story behind the story of THE DARK DIVINE." So if you want to know the real life inspiration for the book. Be sure to check out the essay HERE.****

Okay, on to the fantasy casting for THE DARK DIVINE movie!

So Adam Gregory slammed the competition to play Jude in our fantasy cast of THE DARK DIVINE. He pulled in 54 votes out of 109 (that's a whopping 49%)! But seriously, with those eyes, who could compete? Nolan Gerard Funk came in 2nd with 24 votes (22%) but Logan Lerman was nipping at his heels with 22 votes (20%).







Now on to our next character:

PASTOR DIVINE

Physical description: Half Scandinavian, half Russian-ish ancestry. Fair. Wears glasses. In his early forties.

Colin Firth (Is it okay to have a crush on the actor playing Grace's dad?)


Nathan Fillion (Ditto on the crush thing. I LOVE Nathan Fillion!)


Tim Daly (Has a good fatherly look)


Mathew Settle (Possibly a little too rock & roll to play a pastor?)


Now be sure to vote for your fave choice up over in the SIDEBAR and LEAVE A COMMENT to get another entry to possibly win 1 of 10 bottles of TLS nail-polish. The poll will be open until 2:30 pm (MST) on 11/27/10.

And be sure to spread the word about the ebook promo price--and tell me what you did in the comments to be entered into a seperate drawing for 1 of 5 additional bottles of TLS nail-polish.

46 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooo Matthew Settle. He's amazing. He was in this mini series called Into the West they I just love.

Misha Fitt said...

Tim Daly out of those. Matthew Settle is too, um, Gossip Girl.

Chick Lit Teens said...

I like Tim Daly. He looks closest to what I imagined Pastor Divine to look like. I could totally imagine him holed up in his office or at the pulpit.

Julie said...

I voted Nathan. LOVE Colin, but I'd be too distracted by his gorgeousness in the movie.

I also tweeted about the contest, but new twitter is weird and won't give me a link to my tweet. But, I'm @bloggersbooks on twitter.

Adriana said...

My vote goes to Colin Firth, but I think they would all be good choices.

Meg said...

I love Colin Firth, so I voted for him. He reminded me most of how I saw Pastor Divine when I was reading.

Elizabeth Morgan said...

I think Colin Firth is the best. He looks like he could play Pastor Divine.

Heather Cherry said...

Voted! This is really fun. I always like seeing what a character could actually look like in a movie, different versions of the character.

Vivien said...

I voted! This one was tough...

Jessica G. said...

Tim Daly

StupidLamb61193@gmail.com

Laina said...

Nathan Fillion!! He's awesome :D

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/lainasparetime/status/28739651656

My Life With Books - Jennifer K Jovus said...

I chose Firth. I imagined the Pastor to be kind, fatherly and yet look exhausted in the evenings from the weight of the world.

kjovus
kjovus(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Tim Daly.

Leslie said...

Voted for Tim Daly. I can definitely see him in that role.

YA Book Queen said...

I had to vote for Colin Firth, but I was tempted to vote for Tim...

Becky said...

Nathan Fillion, because he's just awesome. But Colin Firth is a close second.

Kim Woodruff said...

I voted for Tim Daly. It was the fatherly look, I guess.

Vivian N said...

I voted for Tim Daly...he's just got that look.

vvn1234@yahoo.com

Jenni Elyse said...

I voted for Tim Daly, even though I love Colin Firth and I really wanted to vote for him.

I also tweeted about your ebook, which in turn sent it to Facebook. :)
http://twitter.com/#!/jenni_elyse

~The Book Pixie said...

I totally love Colin Firth, however, Nathan Fillion really looks the part so I voted for him.

~Briana

Chloe said...

I voted Colin Firth. That would just be too awesome!!

Also, tweeted about the ebook here: http://twitter.com/#!/chloeeesays/status/28763167091

lookaftermyheart1901(at)gmail(dot)com

Karli G said...

voted Nathan

Jessy said...

Voted for Nathan!

Mundie Moms said...

That's a hard choice... I say Nathan or Collin.

I posted about TDD ebook on my blog as part of my book blurb for The Lost Saint

http://mundiemoms.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-blurb-lost-saint-my-character.html

Thank you!
Katie-
adminmundiemoms AT gmail.com

Mundie Moms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D said...

voted!

Cami said...

I actually think Mathew Settle would be the way to go here. He looks very kind and is not as well known.
Tim Daly would just make me laugh and Colin Firth is too well known for me here.

Jami Gold said...

I voted for Nathan Fillion. I adore him.

Anonymous said...

Tim Daly looks very Dadish...i vote for him!!!


Brooke
letmesign3(at)yahoo(dot)com

Bella said...

Voted. Chose Matthew Settle, he's the best.

Is the nail polish competition international?

Jena said...

100% Colin Firth, I love him!

brendajean said...

LOVE Collin, but think Nathan would be perfect for the part. He got my vote:)

Laura said...

I voted Colin Firth for sure! He has the whole package, I could see him as Pastor Divine. Nathan Fillion is a close second but i don't know if i could see him playing a serious character so yeah. lol <3

Brittany said...

Also blogged about awesome ebook deal http://thelifeofateenlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/10/dark-divine-for-less-than-300.html

Melanie said...

I think Colin Firth would be best. I remember really liking the father he played in What A Girl Wants

Melanie said...

I also posted about the Ebook on my blog:

http://melaniesmusings.net/the-dark-divine-e-book/

Laura Brady said...

As much as I love Colin Firth, I can't see him as Pastor Divine. Have to vote for Nathan Fillion.

Emma Michaels said...

Such great choices! Hmmmm... I would have to say Tim Daly because he has this way of calling forth fatherly affection in Private Practice for Lucas. I also love Nathan Fillion (yum)and Colin Firth but somehow Tim Daly is just a bit closer to what I imagine.Again great choices!!!


Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com
Emma_Michaels@hotmail.com

Meg said...

I blogged about the e-book! Sounds great!

http://betweenthelinesya.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

ooh..I think Tim Daly would be good! I voted!

belle2211(at)yahoo(dot)com

Val said...

I couldn't decide between Colin Firth and Nathan Fillion but I voted :)

truthbetold004 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I voted for Nathan Fillion because he looks pastor-y, ya know?

Crazy for words said...

I voted for Nathan Fillion. I love his acting. ^_^

-Em

Mary not so Contrary said...

Oh for sure Colin Firth!! Hes my favorite actor!! I just adore him and think he would be perfect for Pastor Divine.

Emily said...

That's a hard one! I'm going to go with Colin Firth...although I do LOVE Nathan Fillion :)

I posted about the ebook too - http://redhousebooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/have-you-heard.html

lulabell said...

I was gonna pick Nathan Fillion, but him playing a pastor just reminds me of the creepy priest he plays in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think Tim Daly would be great, though!