Monday, December 21, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow. It's only a day away!

So I seriously can't believe that THE DARK DIVINE comes out tomorrow. For the last year since I sold TDD (not to mention the last decade since I started writing) it felt like this day would never actually come. But now I can see it just over the horizon. It's tomorrow!

And some good things are going on that I want to share with you all:

1.Tonight Mundie Moms is hosting a Pre-launch chat party for TDD at 7pm MST/9pm EST. I'll be chatting with readers and answering your questions. So be sure to come on over and join the fun. To find out more info on how to join the chat CLICK HERE.

2. TDD got a smashing 5 star review from The Story Siren. Here's my favorite line: "Three words: I. Loved. It." To read the rest of the review, CLICK HERE.

3. Booklist gave TDD a great review, too. Can't link to this one, but here's my favorite part: "Despain raises complex issues of responsibility and forgiveness and offers no easy answers. Atmospheric and compelling, Despain’s first novel will be popular, and a sequel eagerly anticipated." Squee!

4. Rumor has it that B&N will be featuring TDD on their "Dark Romance" table, so be sure to look for it there. *Crossing my fingers this actually happens.*

5. Mundie Moms has started a forum for all things TDD. This is a great place to discuss the book, characters, your undying devotion for Daniel . . . You will have to register with MM to be able to participate, but don't let that scare you away. The registration is just to keep spammers off the site. They won't demand your first born kid or anything. Be sure to check it out HERE.

6. Today is the last day to enter the Book Triplets Scavenger Hunt. Win 3 signed books from 3 debut authors. Go HERE for more information.

7. Romantic Times just posted the 6th chapter of TDD on their blog. Be sure to look for it HERE. Remember, if you read the chapter and post a comment on the RT blog, and then come back here and tell me about it, I'll enter you in a drawing to win a prize from my random prize grab-bag. The winner from last week is: Brodie
(Email me at readbree(at)gmail(dot)com and I will send you a list of prizes to choose from.)

8. Tomorrow is a TDD Day! Come back here for a new post tomorrow--and a new contest to kick of my book's birthday.

13 comments:

Erin said...

This is so exciting! I am so happy that the day is finally *nearly* here. This is an awesome book! It's not a surprise that it has been receiving so many great reviews!! Congrats Bree!!! :) Happy Holidays!

Brodi Ashton said...

Yay Bree! I can't believe this day is finally here. I'm so excited to buy up all the local copies tomorrow.

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Thanks, guys!

Bro- be sure you leave some copies for the locals! :)

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Congrats on the awesome reviews! And, yesss, I'm so excited that the day is finally here!! Already got it pre-ordered and everything. Happy holidays! :)

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Wow so much exciting news-awesome! I can't wait to pick up my hardcover copy tomorrow-I loved TDD so much!

Brodie said...

Wow, tomorrow is going to be so incredibly nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time for you. Congrats!! I have yet to read a single bad review of TDD - I think you're going to have a lot of new fans tomorrow!

EEK! I won, I won! Thank you!! I just sent an email now :)

Off to go read chapter 6!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I am SO excited, Bree! I will for sure be buying it tomorrow! :)

Midnight Bloom said...

I bought my copy Sunday when I saw it in store! Yay! I'm going to try to hold off until Christmas Day to read it though...

Happy holidays and (slightly early) release day! :)

Nicole said...

Ooo! I'm so excited for you... And for the rest of us who get to read the book.

Ina said...

wohooo, it's the 22nd!!! congrats on the release day!!!!!!!
hugs, Ina

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Thank you so much, you guys. I can't believe the 22nd has actually arrived!

Anya said...

CONGRATS Bree!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!:)

BTW I read, loved and commented on chapter six at RT;)
Absoultely amazing! I cant wait to finally hold the book in my hands!!:)


Anja_Kapllani@web.de

D said...

ooh it's getting so exciting! I loved chp 6. Can't wait to get my copy for Christmas (gotta let the DH buy me something :) ) Left a comment at RT.