Monday, March 9, 2009

Missed it by this much . . .And I hate the time change

I have failed you dear blog readers. My goal was to post at least once every week, but I just barely missed the deadline this time. I even considered changing the time stamp to make you all think I posted by 11:59 last night. Ha ha. Like I'd really do something like that . . .ha ha hu hu . . .

Anywho, on with the post.

Basically, all I have t say this morning is that I HATE THE TIME CHANGE!!!

Actually, it's a love/hate relationship. I love that we will getting an extra hour of sunlight in the evenings. I love that it feels like winter is a tad bit closer to being over. I love the whispered thoughts of summer on the horizon. But I hate that when my alarm clock went off this morning so I could get up for my daily work-out, all I could do is sit and stare at the clock at and wonder how it could possibly be 6:00am already?!

And I really hate that in a couple of minutes I'm going to have to go wake up KidZ so he can get ready for school, and I KNOW that it's not going to go over well. Man, if he's this hard to wake up at 6 years old, what is it going to be like when he's 16?

Oh, and did anyone else completely forget that the time change happened almost a full month earlier than it used to? Yeah, we totally showed up for church an hour late yesterday. It was really weird because we actually thought we were getting there a few minutes early (for once) but when we walked in, the chapel doors were closed and the meeting was almost over. Hubby and I just looked at each other in confusion and wondered if we'd been trapped in some kind of time warp. Which in actuality, we kind of did. Cool.

So I traveled through time yesterday, what'd you do?

6 comments:

Derrick said...

I change the time stamps on my posts all the time. In fact, I usually write several at once, then schedule them so that a new one will post once a day.

Alyosha said...

Sorry, that was me, not Derrick.

Rachie said...

I LOVE springing forward. Love it. Like, I told my sister not to toy with my emotions when she told me the time change was happening this weekend. I do not, however, love being exhausted and grumpy in the mornings for at least a week. But that's what the Diet Coke is for. :)

Valynne said...

Well, you know what we did because we actually walked into church a few minutes after you did. I'm not a fan of the spring time change. Bleh.

Ginna said...

We remembered it, but only because we tried really really hard to. I hate losing the hour in the morning, but the light at night is hard to beat. I'm a lot more annoyed that it snowed at our house today. Lame!

So didn't the time change used to coincide with conference? I think it used to, so now I'm confused all the time!

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Yeah, I've always gauged it by conference. Now it's all messed up. We got snow this morning too, and it just seems so so wrong to have to wake up an hour early only to find snowy, icy roads. I think I'm going to go back to bed now.