Monday, January 5, 2009

The Dark Divine soundtrack: song #9

Today's song is Creep by Radiohead, and it is so absolutely perfect for my novel--in sooo many ways--but I can't tell you why. You're just going to have to read the book :-)

Sorry, but I keep getting way too descriptive with these posts and I have to leave some things for you all to read in the actual book, right? So let's just say that it's totally the most perfect song for this moment in the soundtrack. In fact, if I could have commissioned someone to write a song for this chapter of my novel, this totally would have been the song I wanted. Seriously, it's like Radiohead is channeling me . . .or perhaps it's the other way around . . .

PLEASE NOTE: If you go looking for this song on iTunes, this is the "clean version." And although it will say "clean version" in parenthesis (as opposed to quotes), it will still have the little, red "explicit" box next to it--because apparently the word "hell" is considered explicit by the iTunes people. Which apparently means my book is explicit by iTunes standards because it has a few "hells" in it . . .and apparently now my blog is explicit too . . .hehe. So, yeah, just know that if you click on a version of this song that does not say it is a clean version, it may get a little more explicit than a couple of hells. Sorry, there I go being all explicit again . . .

Anyway, here is the perfect song that I can't tell you why it is so perfect:


4 comments:

brickhouse79 said...

I'm totally cheating (you know because I HAVE read the book :P), but yes- this song is more than perfect. The music and every word matches the tone and very nearly the plot!!

Are we going back to the post about the art of inspiration now?

Seriously, how awesome are you?! Smart, funny, talented, sexy, AND great taste in music? Good thing we're married or I'd probably become your stalker :P.

Rachie said...

This song will forever remind me of Rock Band from now on (I kick ace at it, though, on drums and guitar--booyah! ;)).

My favorite lines:
I don't care if it hurts,
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice
when I'm not around
You're so very special
I wish I was special

Brodi Ashton said...

What the hell? I'm totally offended about the explicit words in your post.

Creep. Radiohead. One of my favorite all time songs, by one of my favorite all time bands. (I even wrote it down in the middle of the night, in my sleep).

Good addition, soul sista.

Bro

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Hah! I forgot about your middle of the night ramblings, Brodi. That was a hilarious post. Good thing you have great musical taste in your sleep.