Monday, February 20, 2012

Talentmania Fan Fiction Entry #4

By Emily Reinke

I wake up. Silence. That’s what I hear. I’m not sure what happened to me I remember one minute having fun at a party with my friends and next I’m here sitting in the dark. There is a lightness in my pocket and I realize that my cell phone is gone. “Hello” I say out loud but there is no response. “HELLO!” I shout this time and I hear something start to move. “Good. You’re awake” says a voice I don’t recognize at all.
“Where am I?”
“You’re home” says the voice without hesitation.
“No I’m not,” I respond firmly, “Is this some kind of joke? Did my brother set this up to teach me a lesson about going out at night?”
“I have no idea what you’re talking about,”
“What’s your name?”
“Jude”
“Well Jude, what am I doing here?”
“You were chosen.” He steps out of the shadows and I see his tall figure. I looked like he goes to the gym often. “What was I chosen for? What are you talking about?”
“All in good time. Now come” I follow Jude out a door and into a hallway. “One thing you need to know. Never disobey father or there will be punishment. If you do what he says you will be rewarded.”
“Ok, I still don’t see why I’m here.”
“I told you,” he says angrily, “all in good time.” He walks down the hallway and opens a door. “This will be your room, you are to tell me where you are going at all times before you leave and there is no visiting anyone you knew before now. You have changed. End of story.” He leads into the room and I see an old looking bed and a mattress with old moth chew sheets on it. There is one window not even big enough to fill the room with light. There is also no light in the room. “I will leave now, you are to go nowhere.” Jude leaves and I’m left standing in the room. “My name’s Kat!” I shout, “If you wanted to know.” I lie on the bed which is in the middle of the room and start to doze off to sleep again. This time I start dreaming of wolves. Thousands and thousands of wolves coming straight at me and attacking me. I try fighting them off but as soon as one left another one came. I just can’t fight them all at once. What’s happening? Why am I having this dream? I wake up and find out that I am covered in sweat and panting like a dog. I try to find my cell phone in my pocket but remember that it is gone. They must have taken it to make sure I had no contact with anyone I use to know. I hear footsteps outside the door and I spring up as the door is open. Jude steps in with a serious look on his face. “It’s time for you to start training.”
“Training? For what” I say stunned.
“You are going to kill Daniel Kalbi.”

1 comment:

Vivien said...

Vote

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com