Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Talentmania Fan Art Entry #9

An interesting take--this artist made different cover options for his Fan Fiction entry that can be found HERE.

Artist: LC Piper

Artist's Description:

Cover #1
This story book cover is my favorite. It shows a black background that has been tore into (presumably) by a werewolf claws. The interior looks red, but not a particular bloody one. ;-) The title in this and the other two book covers is from my submitted short story. I tried to emulate the fonts and layouts to the book covers from your Dark Divine series. I used Dark Divine in the cover assuming that since this is a fan art contest it would be fine.

Cover #2
This story book cover draws from both my short story Savage Beginnings and from the first chapter in the Dark Devine where I connected my plot to yours. I really like the feeling of Angel, my character, seeing Grace through her perspective as she is introduced to Daniel for the first time. I think it's a bit of foreshadowing and stage setting. This image of a solitary isolated locker reflects Grace and how her struggle is hers alone to deal with. The locker is iconic to High Schools where she starts her story and on it's own looks odd, but is still instantly identifiable.

Cover #3
This final story book cover is similar to the first, but I took it to a closer perspective. The girls hand is drawing across the red locker. The claws drawn back have shaved small curls of metal off the locker face as told in my short story Savage Beginnings. The other two book covers kept a black background which I felt was important to keep a similar feel to your Dark Divine books, but I decided to do this one for fun, because the ripping of metal off an actual locker seemed to make more sense. So it's a big red monstrosity. ;-)

17 comments:

Bwyatt said...

Vote.

LC Piper said...

Vote

Jasmine Mier Puente said...

I vote for LC Piper!!! Awesome artwork.

Lease said...

Vote.

LC Piper said...

A big thank you to the voters on my new short story!: Lisa, Jasmine, Bwyatt. You are all rockstars!!!

Unknown said...

I vote

Kim B. said...

Vote

nate said...

VOTE

Anonymous said...

vote

Beth said...

vote

LC Piper said...

Thank you so much for your vote on my art, Heidi, Kim B. Nate, and Beth! You're all Rockstars.

Darla said...

Vote

Beth said...

Vote

Angela Strinham said...

Vote

LC Piper said...

Thank you to my new voters! Darla, Beth, and Angela... I really appreciate it!

Mandy Fortie said...

VOTE!!!!

Mariiana Gr said...

VOTE!!