Friday, January 2, 2009

The Dark Divine soundtrack: song #6

Today's song is one of the few on the list that mostly represents Grace's point of view--and it is the only song on the soundtrack that is preformed by a female vocalist. Feist is actually one of the few female singers that I enjoy listening to--I don't know why, I just tend to prefer the sound of male vocals. But Feist has one of those unique voices that I can't help but love--and interesting music to go along with it.

And
My Moon, My Man just happens to be the perfect, romantic, (and to be perfectly honest) sexy song for the way Grace is feeling at this moment in the story. (This is a romance, after all!) Grace is in love with a guy who is far from perfect--and at the same time he's the perfect guy for her. (Or is he? ;))

I love the lines of the chorus:

"Take it slow
Take it easy on me
And shed some light
Shed some light on me please
Take it slow
And shed some light
Shed some light on me please"

Part of Grace wants to take it slow, the other part wants to rush right in. Also, at this moment, Daniel is "shedding light" on a very important revelation--one he has to ease into for her sake. How perfect is that?

Anyway, enjoy. I mean, who doesn't like a nice, sexy love song?










2 comments:

Brodi Ashton said...

Seriously lovin the list. You definitely have a mood going in your song selection. Makes me want to read your book!!

Anonymous said...

ohhh myy gosh Bree I just love your stories there so amazing and your book just so happen to fit well with the song