Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Egmont Debut Week: Kristina McBride

Hey Everybody-

It's day two of the Egmont Debut Week author tour and I have a very special treat for you all. Today is the book B-day for Kristina McBride's THE TENSION OF OPPOSITES and I'm lucky enough to be hosting an interview Kristina right here in Readbree Land.

So let's give Kristina a big welcome!





THE TENSIONS OF OPPOSITES: What happens when your best friend is kidnapped - and returns home two years later?














Author Bio: Kristina McBride, a former high-school English teacher and yearbook adviser, wrote The Tension of Opposites in response to the safe return of a child who was kidnapped while riding his bike to a friend’s house. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two young children. This is her first novel. Visit her online at www.kristinamcbride.com.

On to the interview:

1. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

I would like to be able to read people the way I read books. I often wonder about random people I pass, wishing I knew the full story of their lives. It would work like this: I see someone I am interested in knowing about, and I flip some internal switch to be flooded with their memories, experiences, and feelings. I immediately know about their life as if I have lived it myself. I’m not sure what I would do with this information – maybe use it to feed a writer’s block that might crop up in my future. Regardless of the benefit of such a super power, I think it would be super cool!

2. Pretend you're on death row . . . What crime have you been accused of committing? Are you innocent or guilty? What would your last meal be?

I am on death row for hoarding the world’s supply of chocolate, and am terribly guilty. My last meal: A very large bowl of chocolate ice cream smothered with chocolate chip cookie dough, super thick hot fudge, and chocolate sprinkles. (Yum!)

3. If you could go on a date with any fictional character, who would it be? What would you do?

Atticus Finch (sigh). I love him. I’d take him to a nearby nature reserve so we could walk through the woods. Then we’d go to the dinner somewhere fancy and eat an incredible meal. Later, we’d hang out by a crackling fire. The best part of our night would be the conversation, which would never lag. He’s a wonderful man, that Atticus, and I have always wanted to spend time with him, simply talking for hours.

*** Atticus Finch--what a great choice! I totally love him, too. Thanks so much for being here on your special day, Kristina. I hope you have lots of fun and eat a ton of chocolate!***

Okay everybody, be sure to wish Kristina a happy book b-day!!

Kristina McBride
The Tension of Opposites
May 25, 2010
Egmont USA
Website: www.kristinamcbride.com

I'm leaving for NYC this morning, but you can visit me today over at Chelsea Campbell's blog for a fun interview. (And I'm giving away a bottle of TDD nail polish over there.)

4 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

Congratulations Kristina! And I was wondering where the chocolate went . . . :)

Stina said...

This is definitely on my TBR list.

Emily said...

I loved Tension of Opposites. Fantastic book.

And I LOVE Atticus Finch.

Jackson Porter said...

Oh would I love that super power. That would now be my choice. As Stina said that is now on my TBR list.

-Jackson