1. The Wonderful folks over at Eve's Fan Garden have been very kindly promoting TDD. They even posted about a new TDD inspired make-up collection created by Mixology Makeup. Holy crap, TDD make-up?! That's just so darn cool.
2. Lots of good things are brewing for me and TDD right now. Wish I could share, but I've been told it's a no-no for now. But stay tuned for announcements coming soon.
3. I'm not making any promises, but if you are outside of Utah and would like to have me sign books in your hometown, be sure to let the folks at Egmont USA know.
4. I will be signing at the Sandy Barnes & Noble on February 6th from 1-4 pm. This event is an Authorpalooza, so there will be over 30 other authors signing there at the same time. You really should come. I mean, 30+ authors in the same room, who wouldn't have a great time at that? I don't know exactly who all will be there, but I do know my friends Emily Wing Smith, Bobbie Pyron, and James Dashner will be part of the party.
5. I will be speaking and signing at the Orem Barnes & Noble on February 13th from 1-4 pm. This is a great chance for Utah County peeps to get a signed book. Plus, TDD makes the perfect V-day gift!! If you're going to the LTUE conference that day, it would be easy to take a few minutes to pop over to the signing . . . just saying.
Okay, on to the real post:
As promised, I am finally posting about my birthday and my latest book signing. Let's just say it was all awesome--and I'll share with you some of the highlights:
1. I got some awesome presents for my B-day. Including a beautiful purple charm bracelet that says "The Dark Divine, 12-22-09" on a silver heart from my friend Rachel, other beautiful jewelry, a sweater and a scarf, a chair massager with packaging that can't be shared in mixed company, a Marc Jacobs tote bag (squee!), some awesome books I've been wanting to read, and these shoes
from Sara Bolton (one of The SIX, and co-owner of My Shoe Shoppe) who finally started her own blog.
Not to be outdone by my friends, Hubby gave me this:
Aw, he knows me so well!
(Yes, that is a tiny cow. I have named him: Tiny Cow.)
Hubby also promised to make dinner and do homework with Kid Z every night for the next 3 weeks while I finish up TDD2. Isn't that just the sweetest? Hey, wait a second, isn't Kid Z out of school for the next 2 weeks . . . ?
2. Hubby also took me out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants and then we went to see the play THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST. Which led me to the realization that Oscar Wilde plays were pretty much the GOSSIP GIRL of the late 1800s. No wonder I <3 href="http://rowijo.void-star.net/index.php/2010/01/bree-despain-signing/">Robbie from Boy With Books who drove 5 HOURS from Grand Junction to be there.
4. Not only did a ton of friends, family and fans show up for the event, there was also a very special visitor who came along with Debbie from my street team and her pals. He even wore a purple shirt, a black and purple boa, and a sign proclaiming his love for Team Daniel. (Which originally said Team David on accident, until everyone in the audience started asking, "Um, who's David?") Anyway, I can now die happy.
Final Note: I'm in CRUNCH time with deadline for TDD2 right now, so if you've emailed, facebook messaged, or tweeted to me lately and I haven't responded to you yet . . . please forgive me. I can tell you right now that I am going to continue to be slow for the next few weeks. I'll try not to fall off the face of the planet . . . and hopefully you'll all still love me when I get to come back to the real world. (Is that mixed metaphor? I don't even know anymore.)
Oh, one more final note: If you come to one of my signings, please introduce and tell me you are a follower of the blog. It is so hard to recognize people by their tiny blog icons.