Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Launch Party Pictures (Part 2)

Latest Announcements:

1. Being on Blog Talk Radio last night was awesome. We even got into my vivid dreams about cheese, and my brief "perfectly-pressed grunge" phase as a teen. You can listen to the interview HERE.

2. Late Bloomer Online is hosting a chat tonight (1/6) for TDD at 7pm MST/9pm EST. http://l8bloomeronline.blogspot.com/ Come chat with me!

3. I'll be reading and signing at the West Jordan B&N on Jan 16th at 2pm.

4. And I'll be reading and signing at the Orem B&N on February 13th at 1:00. Great place to get V-day presents!

Okay, time for more pictures from the launch party. There were just too many good ones to limit to one post.

Oh, and a funny story: I took my cell phone up to the podium with me while I was speaking so I could keep track of the time . . . but totally forgot to put it on silent. I was about 15 minutes into my speech when it started ringing! At first I was like, "Who didn't turn off their cell phone?" And then I was like, "Oh wait, it's me." I picked up my phone, and not recognizing the number, I said to the audience, "This person obviously doesn't know me very well." Turns out it was one of my neighbors calling to apologize that she couldn't make it out to the launch--but she thought she was calling my home phone.

Again huge thank yous go to Michelle Sallay for these beautiful pictures:

Hubby. Ain't he cute?

Valynne Maetani sporting the official TDD nail polish

KidA insisted on sitting next to me almost the whole time and passed out free nail polish

As you can see, he was very helpful

Me and my sister Brooke. People used to ask if we were twins. I have no idea why.

Good friend Matt Kirby,
soon to be famous author when his MG book THE CLOCKWORK THREE debuts with Scholastic Fall 2010

TDD featured on the Indie Next list!!


And a couple of non-Michelle taken pictures:

Sara Bolton, Sarah Williams, and Kimberly Webb Reid

That's Emily Wing Smith sporting our new "The SIX" t-shirts we had made for the event.
And she's with readers Alana and Mary who are sporting copies of Emily fabulous YA novel
The Way He Lived.

11 comments:

Katie said...

How awesome!!! I"m so glad the launch party was such a huge success. I so wish we Mundie Moms could have been there. It's been so much fun being apart of the Street Team. Thank you so much!!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Looks awesome! Lol about the phone call, though I wish I could have been there. Congrats on the amazing release and party! :)

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! I love the one of your son putting nail polish on your head. He's a cutie!

Unknown said...

Hi Bree :)
Thank you very much for sharing the pictures. Such a great event. Your husband looks so full of love & pride in that picture.
Here's to an amazing 2010!
RKCharron

The_Book_Queen said...

Hi Bree,

I just finished TDD, and absolutely loved it-- I'll be posting a review a bit later this week on my blog. :D

I hope you plan on future books soon, preferably sequels to TDD, though it easily stands on its own!

I just saw that you'll be signing at the Orem B&N next month-- so excited! I know what I'll be doing at 1 pm that day! :D I live about an hour south of Orem, but that B&N store and I are very close friends, especially when authors visit. :D

Enjoy!
Danielle (TBQ)
http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspot.com

Monster of Books said...

Ahh amazing photos. My mom is like that with her cellphone alot. She'll be like, who's phone & I'll be like, yours

Valynne said...

Dude, I make that polish look good. Kidding.

Sarah said...

That was such a great launch party! Way to go, Bree!

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I just found your blog a few weeks ago and have exitedly followed your posts as of late. Your an inspiration to those of us who aren't quite there yet. Thank you for the wonderful illustrated journey of your road to publication.
Michelle

Kate Coursey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Coursey said...

:O That's me! (The top one)

As soon as I came back from your signing I ordered Self Editing for Fiction Writers off Amazon :)