Thursday, April 23, 2009

Website Launch Party Treasure Hunt Contest

It's up! It's up! My website is finally up!! It still has a couple of bugs, and there are still a few features that are "coming soon," but the bulk of www.breedespain.com is up and running. We're dancing for joy over here. To celebrate, I'm hosting a Website Launch Party Treasure Hunt with awesome prizes!

Grand Prize: A $50 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.

1st And 2nd Runner-ups: An autographed book from an awesome YA author (TBA--but I'm crossing my fingers for Shannon Hale and Sara Zarr. I'll know for sure after Thursday.)


Here's how to play:

Visit my new website at www.breedespain.com. (Or you can just click the logo on the header up above and start from there.) Kick back and have a look around. While you're checking things out, be on the lookout for a hidden image of the treasure box to the left (it'll appear when you scroll over it) with a secret code. Once you find the code, go to the "contact" page on the website and send me a message containing the code, and you will be entered into a drawing for the above listed awesome prizes.

Want more than one entry in the contest? Promo this treasure hunt on your own blog, twitter, facebook, wherever . . .and you'll get another entry for every person who finds the code and mentions your name. (So don't forget to tell people to mention your name :D)

The contest runs from now until 11:59 pm on Sunday, April 26th. I will email the winners, and announce them here on my blog.

Another fun hidden treat on the site: The very first romance I ever wrote. It's got forbidden love, political intrigue, poison flowers, a magic book, and a Sea Hag. Oh, and did I mention that I wrote it in the 9th grade?! Sorry, there's no prize for finding this hidden treasure, but you may get a good laugh out of it.

Please Note: The new address for this blog is www.readbree.com. From now on, breedespain.com will take you to my website--but you can always link to the blog from there if you want.

Many, many, many thanks to Brick Despain (aka Hubby) for designing and creating my website!!!

Happy hunting, everyone! Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment here with your feedback on the website. Thanks!!

17 comments:

Matt said...

Love the site, Bree. Very sharp, eye-catching, well-organized, professional, yet laced with your own personality and flair. Well done! I must emulate...

Jackie Johnson said...

Your website looks FANTASTIC!

jkmace said...

Love it! I have already told friends about it and I have added it to my goodreads!

D said...

Ooooh! You are all cool and stuff! Love it!

Cinnamon said...

I like the new website! Tell your husband nice coding!

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Thanks, guys! And thanks to everyone who has sent me messages through the website too! Hubby did a fab job. It is so nice to have someone in the family who has skilz.

Brodi Ashton said...

Love the new website. It looks fantastic, and very professional!

Shaunda said...

Great Job! I love the look and energy! Congratulations!

Erika Powell said...

I love the new site but the contact page isn't sending the message it is just giving me the spinning wheel of death so if you don't get it let me know and I will email you!
(this is likely me comps fault and not your site. My comp has seen better days and isn't aging gracefully!)

Elena Jarvis Jube said...

It really looks great, Bree. Fun site. Is the final editing on your book all done, then? You must be getting pretty excited by now. I'm excited for you. And hey, when do I get to be listed as one of your writer friends on your blog?

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Erika- I got your message!

Elena- Ack, you are right, you aren't listed. I don't think I've updated that since before you started your blog. I will add you right away :)

Angela said...

LOVE the new website! The pictures are soooo gorgeous!!

Heather said...

Brick, this comment is for you since Bree wrote that you designed and created this website - it is AMAZING! I am so impressed.

The Family G said...

Wow! I have a famous sister! I can see myself being refered to as Bree Despain's older sister in public from 2010 on. Maybe Oprah will want to interview me about you when you are too busy on book tour. A girl can dream anyway. LOVE the web site! I had a lot of fun reading everything on it. Way to go Brick!

Kim Reid said...

Dang, I missed the contest. I was on a vacation from the Internet. But it's so fantastic to see your site up! I love it.

Cranberryfries said...

Great new website. I sent in my info today and then realized I was a day late so sorry about cluttering your inbox.

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

No problem, Debbie. I'll let you squeak in at the last minute:)

Results coming soon, everyone!!