Sunday, March 11, 2012

THE SAVAGE GRACE Soundtrack Round 3

Sorry for missing yesterday's soundtrack post. I spent most of the day in a doctor's office dealing with a medical issue, and then decided I needed some time to relax before the big day this coming Tuesday. So I spent the evening staring at a shirtless Taylor Kitsch (a.k.a. Went to see John Carter with hubby) and didn't make it back early enough to put my post together before falling asleep.

Anyway, that just means you get 2 soundtrack posts today--and each 4 songs!

I hope you enjoy! And be sure to tell me what you think in the comments.

TSG Soundtrack Song #7: Unchained Melody by U2
Description: I discovered this beautiful version of this super old school song on the B-Sides of U2's WAR album back when I was in college--and promptly became obsessed with it. At the time, I was going to school in Utah and the boy I loved was an ocean apart, living in England. Once a week, I'd run to the mailbox just knowing there would be a new letter from him. To me, this song is the perfect encapsulation of what it feels like to be separated from someone you are in love with, and the incredible need to bring that person back to you. (And that boy who was living in England? He came home. And now he's my hubby.)



TSG Soundtrack Song #8: Howlin For You by The Black Keys
Description: This is a point in the book when the action of the story starts to pick up and Grace starts to embrace her "kick-A-ness" (as April would put it).



TSG Soundtrack Song #9: Mouthful of Diamonds by Phantogram
Description: This is pretty much the theme song for Talbot. He's got a "mouth full of diamonds" as in he's charming and has a smile that will sweep you off your feet, but he's also got a "pocket full of secrets." Grace wants to trust Talbot and accept his help--but she just doesn't quite know if she can "believe" in him.



TSG Soundtrack Song #10: We Are Young by Fun
Description: This is an amazing song that captures the feeling of just embracing the moment and being who you are meant to be right then and now. Crappy stuff has happened and more trials are yet to be faced, but for now, let yourself feel triumph and hope.



Be sure to check out today's second post for more awesome songs for your listening pleasure!

No comments: