So here's what going on over here in ReadBree land:
1. Want to read more than the first chapter of THE DARK DIVINE? Already read TDD but you'd like a few behind the scenes tidbits about the writing of the book? Then get ready, because starting on November 16th until December 21st, the Romantic Times will be serializing the first 6 chapters of TDD on their blog, plus they'll be posting exclusive descriptions by me about the writing of each chapter. They will also be running a contest for 6 chances to win a signed copy the book and a bottle of TDD nail polish. I'll be sure to link to it here and on twitter when it starts.
2. The Romantic Times reviewed THE DARK DIVINE and gave it 4 stars!!! That's pretty awesome considering the highest ranking they'll give a book is 4.5 stars. They also ran an awesome feature on the book called "Saving Grace" that had an interview with me and a lot of background info about the inspiration for the story. I wish I could post it here, but you can buy the mag or look up the article in the December issue at Barnes & Noble. (Available now!) Just ask for the The Romantic Times Book Reviews.
3. This weekend I will be speaking on a panel at the SCBWI Conference in Salt Lake City. If you are a kidlit or YA writer in Utah or Idaho, you really should be going to this conference. In fact, going to this conference in the past was a huge step for me in my path to publication, and this is where I met the amazing Brodi Ashton who has become one of my bffs and my loyal writing buddy. For more information, CLICK HERE. You can even register at the door on Saturday if you want.
4. Team GI vs. Team Tamale update: Team GI scored a goal by turning in 45 pages of TDD2. Now Team Tamale is up to bat and Brodi MUST finish her entire first draft of her current novel by 11:59 Wednesday night. Do you think she can make it? After that, I am required to finish 50,000 words of TDD2 by November 30th. (And yes I know that I just mixed my sports metaphors--but at least I know what a bat and a goal are. Sort of.)
3. The Street Team is up and running. I am so grateful to this wonderful group of book lovers. So far they've been blogging, tweeting, reviewing, posting interviews, and generally book lusting after TDD. They even created a facebook fan page for the book. There's a spot over in the side bar where you can join and become a fan of TDD. Go do it. Now. Thanks. Okay, now come back over here.
4. Lots of reviews of TDD, interviews with me, and give-aways for ARCs and swag are popping up around the blogosphere.
For reviews CLICK HERE. Look under "announcements" and you will find links to all of the reviews out there of TDD. (Or at least all the ones that I know of.)
For recent interviews CLICK HERE and HERE.
And for current TDD contests where you can win an ARC CLICK HERE and HERE.
5. And last, but certainly not least, I wanted to feature a couple of more videos from the street team members. They're a lot of fun, so be sure to watch and enjoy.
The first is from Sarah. She was actually the very first person to win an ARC of THE DARK DIVINE when I did my very first giveaway. She liked the book so much she decided to join the street team--and take on all of BYU campus in the process.
The second is a by a teen member of the Street Team named Alex who did a few crazy stunts--like dancing in a men's bathroom--to prove her desire for THE DARK DIVINE.