Sunday, December 22, 2019

THE DARK DIVINE 10th Anniversary--And a Free Short Story to Celebrate!!

Hey all!

I know I haven't posted in like FOREVER but I am dusting off the old blog because today is a very special day. It's the ten year anniversary of the debut of my first novel, THE DARK DIVINE. How has it been ten years already???



Many books only have a shelf life a of a few months, so the fact that I can occasionally walk into a bookstore and still find TDD on a shelf, or the fact that it can still be purchased online ten years later feels like a freaking miracle. And I owe that all to you, dear readers. So thank you for loving this first story of mine and giving it so much support over the years.

With TDD turning ten, I thought maybe you might want to know what some of the characters are up to these days. To celebrate, I am posting a spin-off short story I wrote a few years ago. "How to Babysit a Werewolf (And Other Perilous Deeds I don't Recommend)" stars Grace's little brother, James, who is nearly sixteen now and trying in vain to cope with having a sister who is a super hero. The story features cameos by a couple of your favorite characters from THE DARK DIVINE.

I wrote this short story back in 2014 for a small anthology called HEROIC: TALES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY. It was a limited release anthology so I figured most of you haven't had the chance to read this story, and now the rights have reverted back to me, I am posting here for free for all of you to enjoy.

You can read the story on my website HERE.

(Please note, I couldn't find the copy-edited version of the story so please forgive my grammatical errors.)

Writing a grown up Baby James was a lot of fun, and I've even been toying with the idea of expanding this story into a full length novel--so tell me what you think.

Oh, and in case you're wondering what I'm up to these days, I am currently getting my MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts. I also obsessively bake french macarons, and I'm still writing, of course. I just finished a first draft that is basically a rom-com about an axe murdering cheerleader. (Yes, you read that right.) Hopefully, you'll be able to read that book someday!

Okay, I'm off to make some Baby Yoda macarons. Enjoy the story and be sure to say hello in the comments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't even read it yet but I already know it needs to be a full length novel!!!! I LOVED The Dark Divine series!!!!