Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy EVERNEATH Day!

Today's To-Do List:

1. Finish making "Dead Elvises" T-shirts for the EVERNEATH launch party at the King's English Bookshop tonight.

2. Paint fingernails bright red to match the gorgeous cover of EVERNEATH.

3. Apply matching ruby red lipstick.

4. Put a red streak in my hair.

5. String on a guitar pick necklace.

6. Wish everyone a Happy EVERNEATH Day . . .

So yeah . . .

Happy EVERNEATH Day, everyone!!!!!

Synopsis:
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
I can't tell you how excited I am for the launch of Brodi Ashton's debut novel, EVERNEATH. If you read this blog, or follow me on twitter, it's probably no secret that Brodi is one of my very best friends--Which might you lead you to believe that I'm totally biased when I tell you that EVERNEATH is one of the best books I've read in like years. But you'd be wrong. No bias here at all. Whether or not EVERNEATH had been written by one of my most favorite people, or by a complete and total stranger, it wouldn't change how much I love this book. Being BFFs with Brodi just makes it less weird when I show up to her signings dressed like I belong in her book and go all fan-girly over Jack and Cole. (Oh wait, does that actually make it more weird? Oh well. Still doing it.)

I loved EVERNEATH so much that when I finished reading it, I turned to Brodi (who just happened to be sitting in the seat next to me on an airplane heading to L.A.) I first had to wipe the tears from my eyes, and then I said to her, "I'm resign from writing so you can write all the books from now on. I hereby bequeath all of my words to you."

Of course, Brodi's first reaction was to tell me that I was being an idiot about quitting writing (I hadn't even finished TSG yet). And then of course she spent the rest of the flight hounding me with questions to make sure I didn't just like the book out of BFF love--to which I passed with flying colors. (See, no bias.)

Anyway, today is EVERNEATH's release day, which means everyone gets to read one of my favorite books now. And that is definitely worth celebrating!

If you're in Utah, you should come on out to the launch party at King's English Bookshop tonight at 7 p.m.! Brodi will be speaking and signing books, and the rest of us will be partying "Dead Elvises" style.

If you can't make it to the launch, then I highly suggest you visit a bookstore or library near you to pick up a copy of EVERNEATH. You won't regret it!

(Unless you have a problem with awesome, that is.)

Now I'm off to shellac my nails with some cherry red polish . . . .

2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Oooh Dead Elvises t-shirts - what a great idea!!

Aubrey Anne said...

I walked past you last night at King's English and I was too scared to say anything embarrassing (like, "OMG IT'S BREE DESPAIN!") so I just smiled at you. Still, I felt special. LOL I haven't cracked the book yet because I'm too scared that I'll love it so much I will neglect my children!