1. A couple of good things will be hitting the blog this week, so be sure to check back often so you won't miss them.
2. I will be a guest on David Farland's Authors' Advisory Conference Call along with the rest of my critique group this Thursday, December 16th at 9pm EST. We'll be discussing critique groups and breaking into publishing. You can listen in on the conference call (and even ask questions). Go HERE for details on how to participate. Look for instructions in the right-hand sidebar.
3. TLS Day is almost upon us! Come join the fun at The King's English Bookshop on December 28th at 7:00 pm. I'll do a book talk at the 15th Street Gallery (right next-door to the bookshop--so there will be plenty of room for everyone) read a bit from TLS, answer questions, and then sign books back over in the bookstore. And I am sure that there will be plenty of yummy refreshments, too. Click HERE for more details on the event. Would love to see you there!
4. On January 8th, I will be speaking and signing at the Jordan Landing Barnes & Noble in West Jordan at 2 pm. Sure to be lots of fun.
5. On January 13th (my birthday!) I'll be speaking and signing at Kepler's Books in Menlo Park, CA. Come party with me on my b-day, and get signed copies of TDD and TLS while you're at it. For info on this event, click HERE.
6. More events are coming. I'll post info here on the blog and on my website when I have it. Hopefully, I'll be coming to your neck of the woods soon. ***
Okay, now that we have business out of the way, we can get to what we've all be waiting for: The last song in the TLS Soundtrack. Tonight's song is "Orange Sky" by Alexi Murdoch. It is only fitting that the last song on the TLS soundtrack is by Alexi, since the last song on the TDD soundtrack was also one of his.
"Orange Sky" is a beautiful song, and to me, it kind of encapsulates the entire story/theme of THE LOST SAINT. Actually, it kind of encapsulates the entire DARK DIVINE trilogy. Basically, I think Alexi Murdoch has been channeling me in his spare time--or the other way around.
These are my favorite lyrics in the song:
When I am alone
When I've thrown off the weight of this crazy stone
When I've lost all care for the things I own
That's when I miss you, that's when I miss you, that's when I miss you
You who are my home
You who are my home
And here is what I know now
Here is what I know now
Goes like this
In your love, my salvation lies
But really, every line in the song is wonderful, so go ahead and listen:
This is the last TLS Soundtrack post, but remember that the Countdown to THE LOST SAINT Contest is ongoing until December 26th. Come back to the blog often until then for more chances to enter to win. Plus, I may be adding some more more goodies to the prizes soon.