Sorry for the blog silence. I turned in TLS and pretty much ran out of words for a couple of weeks. And now my wonderful, glorious, revision letter is here from Editor Greg, so I'm psyching myself up for a few more weeks of crazy busy writing and Thai take-out. If you want to know how most authors feel about revision letters, CLICK HERE.
In the meantime, I'm going to be up to all sorts of shenanigans during the next little while. And I think you guys should join me!! Here's the rundown so you'll know when and where:
1. I'm participating in the YAlitchat Made from Awesome Mega Chat that will be taking place today (April 14th) and Thursday (April 15th) on Twitter. There will be some super awesome YA authors participating in the chat both nights, so all you have to do is go onto twitter and search for #YAlitchat. You can ask authors questions, or just follow along. And there's even an after-party over at the MundieMoms site.
Schedule and authors participating:
Night I April 14 @ 9-11PM EST
Melissa Marr, A.S. King, Becca Fitzpatrick, Lisa McMann, Ellen Hopkins, Margaret Stohl, Carrie Ryan, Alyson Noel
Night II April 15 @ 9-11PM EST
Holly Black, Michelle Zink, Scott Westerfeld, Kami Garcia, Cassandra Clare, Bree Despain, James Dashner, Sarah Rees Brennan
Sounds awesome, right? I'm totally fangirling over some of those names myself.
2. Utah peeps: I will be at the WHAT A WOMAN WANTS SHOW this Friday and Saturday (April 16th &17th). If you are going to be there, be sure to stop by a say hello. I'll be handing out free TDD nail polish and bookmarks, and will be signing and selling books. I'll be there periodically on Friday, but I will for sure be signing from 11:00am to 1:00pm on Saturday. I'll be at booth 229 with the Little Stinker crew.
(Want free tickets to the show? Email me and I'll send you some.)
3. I'm teaching at the LDStorymakers Conference in Provo, Utah on April 24th! If you haven't registered for the conference yet, you can do so up through April 15th. (Um, I guess that's tomorrow.)
4. I'm going to be at BEA in May and ALA in June!! If you're going to be at either event, be sure to come say hello to me.
5. I'll be at the Writing For Young Readers Conference in June. This is honestly one of the best conferences in the country. This will be my 8th year in attendance!! It used to be held at BYU, but this year it's at a new venue in Sandy, Utah. For more info, CLICK HERE. (Note: I am not teaching at this conference, but I will be participating as a student.)
6. I'll be at my friend Sarah DeFord Williams' book launch party this Saturday at The King's English at 2:00 for her debut MG novel, PALACE BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait!
7. Not an event, but just wanted to say that good things are happening for TDD. Sales are steady and strong, and according to this press release from Egmont, THE DARK DIVINE is in its 3RD PRINTING!!!
Okay, that's all for now. Sorry to be one of those authors who only blogs about announcements (Don't you hate those authors?!) but I promise I'll get back to more interesting posts once things calm down with TLS a bit. I have all sorts of pictures and fun tidbits to share with y'all.